Yoga Therapy and Trauma Sensitive Yoga Therapy in Practice
Gentle Vehicles for Healing
Case Studies Bases on Real Life Experiences:
Case Study #1: Ten year old MVA – Resulting in the following chronic symptoms:
1. Soft tissue injury in upper back and neck, exacerbated by a fall onto the left elbow.
Results after 1month, Using Physical Yoga Therapy and Techniques:
- Easing of pain in shoulder, which has resulted in improved sleep at night
- Greater mobility in movement of shoulders and arms
- Greater mobility and range of motion in neck
- Improved posture
- Improved mobility in hips
2. Arthritis in facet joints, brought on by MVA:
Results after 1month, Using Gentle Yoga Therapy and Techniques:
- Nurture and maintenance of spine flexibility
These improvements have resulted in client having more energy, and mental clarity being free from the exhausting pain, now knowing and having the ability to self-regulate and correct as necessary. Client will move forward with back strengthening techniques, but for now just enjoying being relatively pain free.
Case Study #2: Lung surgery in adolescence – Resulting in severe Apnea until present age of early 60ies, including misaligned left shoulder and hip due to compensating for breathing imbalance.
Results after 2 ½ mos. Using Combination of Physical Yoga Therapy and Trauma Sensitive Yoga Therapy Techniques:
- no longer anticipating the next breath
- improved posture, increased lung capacity for the breath
- shoulder position greatly corrected with posture
- increased left hip mobility with greater range of motion
- client demonstrates greater confidence and a lighter, happier state of being