Pelvic Wellness: Foundational Core and Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
Protocol for an individually designed Core program of physical therapies:
- Assessment to identify hypertonic, tight, or hypotonic loose muscles
- Applying Release strategies for large muscles; psoas, piriformis, sciatic etc.
- Assessing other commonly related physical issues including: lumbar, spinal, sacroiliac, hip or sciatic pain, incontinence, prolapse, DRA diastasis recti abdominus, scoliosis, as well as digestive, sexual and menstrual difficulties.
- Using core physical therapy techniques to retrain the deep core muscles.
- Using Therapeutic Yoga techniques, begin working on any of the above-mentioned physical issues, by stabilizing and aligning of the back, hips and pelvis to create a healthy core foundation and environment for the organs.
- In the final phase, integrate strengthening of the pelvic floor (PF) muscles by using a combination of Therapeutic Yoga and (PF) Pfilates Therapy, in order to strengthen the pelvic area and deep core muscles.
This process involves much more than just ‘kegels’, and is often misunderstood and undertaught.
You will be provided with the knowledge and tools to take home to keep and practice confidently on your own!
Instructor: Brenna Jacobson, (C-IAYT) Certified Yoga Therapist
Pelvic Floor Pfilates Cert Teacher/Trainer (10 yrs experience)
Cert Pre-Post Natal Consultant